Tuesday, July 17, 2007

String Cheese: Good to the Last Bite...

Until I drop dead, I will always refer to The String Cheese Incident as "the band I really liked when Phish wasn't around." Not that that's a bad thing, but rather an honest fact. I will always love and respect them, but never hold them as "the next big thing" ever again. For a while, I thought they could, but haven't felt that way for the last few years.

Anyway, this past week kicked off their "final" tour ever at NYC's Beacon Theatre. I caught 2 of 4 nights with Morgan's wedding sandwiched in between. (Talk about a trip down memory lane). Fun, yes. Historic, maybe. Best ever, no. But, I still said goodbye to one of the bands that helped define me for a little bit.

Here's my Jambase review of the run:

JAMBASE.COM-"String Cheese Incident| Beacon Theater, NYC | 7.12,14.07

1 comment:

BrianMcGarvey said...

Ahhhhhh String Cheese Bavy...